Monday, May 21, 2007

Jellied eels

I took the train to Margate. Well, when I say I took the train to Margate, what actually happened is I took a train to Ashford International, then I took a train to Ramsgate and then I took a train to Margate. A subtle difference and only 2¾ hours in it.

On Saturday D and I walked from the vinegar and chip-scented shores of Margate to the boat-bobbing marina at Ramsgate via Broadstairs. It was an invigorating walk, and my face changed in colour from grey to lobster. At Ramsgate we sat outside a smart café and had a coffee. 'It's a bit cold to be sitting outside' commented the owner as she tidied the tables. 'It's bracing,' said D. 'It's what?' said the owner. 'Bracing!' repeated D. 'I don't know about that' said the owner shrugging and making a face, 'I'm from Germany.'

The day was rounded off with a rummage for rhubarb up the allotment, a fabulous supper (including rhubarb crumble with aforementioned stalks) and a disco daaan Sundowners - sadly I forgot to take my camera. Next time you may not be so lucky.

By the way, the photo is me paddling in the sea and not the overflowing public lav just outside Broadstairs, which incidentally was not a dissimilar experience.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

http://www.dolabuy.com/celine-bags.htm celine bags deceitful louis vuitton stores in ny louis vuitton neverfull mm base shaper wholesale louis vuitton bags sap snobbery hod louis vuitton michael backpack damier graphite handily louis vuitton replica shoes india [url=http://www.dolabuy.com/celine-bags.htm]celine handbags 2012[/url]