Thursday, October 19, 2006

Give me an inch and I'll take you a mile

I completely forgot to mention that yesterday lunchtime myself and young John waltzed along to Tate Modern to partake in the spectatorship of Carsten Holler's slides. It was most amusing to watch people popping out of the end of these curly tubes, doing their best to maintain their dignity but generally bumping their heads in the process. On Friday I intend to slide. Now there's a build-up for you.

Yeah - work again today, but not as we know it, for I was fortunate enough to be taken out for lunch by my most esteemed colleagues to a tapas bar on Borough High Street. We grazed on the most delicious dried hams, smoked fish, cheeses and other tasty bits and bobs washed down by a generous helping of Spanish rosé. A swift half in The Globe and back to work. For some reason, my cycle ride home was a little slower than usual.

Back to the study books...oh my goodness...so much to do.

No comments: