Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Monday mood

The 6.30am Jude walk was not exactly what the doctor had ordered. Last night's shenanigans left me feeling positively negative this morning and I mooched about feeling generally...knackered. Thank goodness I didn't have to go to work though. I curled up with an art theory book and went through the motions.

After lunch I pointed myself in the direction of Bloomsbury. I started off in the British Museum and the small Tagore exhibition there, which was just about as much as I could handle today. Beautiful artwork - of the type displayed here for your visual pleasure. Most educational. I wandered through the museum, pausing to examine some drawings by Degas, Courbet and Seurat. What a wealth of brilliant...stuff. I made my way out, passing the Egyptian mummies on the way - they looked how I felt.

In the library I searched listlessly for books and got all crabby when I couldn't find what I needed. I headed to the slide library in another building to try and track down some research information, but what I needed wasn't there either. In the meantime I broke out into a cold sweat and ended up sitting on a park bench until I felt better. The evening class was a tour of the slide library - a fascinating resource containing literally tens of thousands of slides all in little wooden drawers with index cards. Afterwards I returned to the library determined to find the articles I needed - and what do you know - I did. After the ecstasy of this success, I trundled home with sleep on my mind.

No comments: