Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Tomato soup

Work day. I was woken by the news headline on the radio: 'City Hall is falling apart'. When that seeps into you semi-conscious dreaming state you don't know what to think. It's always useful to hear on the news what's going on at your work before you get there. This resulted in the opening stages of the morning being a tad on the frantic side of calm. Not to fear, we soldier on, even if it is just to Borough Market to buy big fat tomatoes to make soup for tea. Or tea for soup. So where's the moral? Or where are the morrels, as you would say in the market...but now I'm wandering aimlessly. Is that a daffodil, or are you just pleased to see me.

This evening I came over all unnecessary while examining an engraving by Durer. This was followed by a Grunewald moment. Suddenly, the germ of a seed of an idea for my dissertation begins to take form. I'll have to have a jolly good think.

No comments: